How do we break out rental income, as gross or net?

I have foreign rental income, but I'm not sure if I should supply my gross income or net.

If I supply the gross income, do I then deduct taxes collected (and withheld), management fees, leaving me with the net? Or do I simply show the net to me, then also include my expenses (HOA fees, utilities, expenses)?

Thank you!

Answer

You will report a foreign rental the exact same way you would report a US rental, that is, you report your gross income and the expenses.  You will do this in the rental interview, which is found on your Federal return, Wages & Income tab, under Rentals, Royalty and Farm.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
TurboTax TaxPro

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default