How come EVERY TIME I open my Turbo Tax to continue working on my return, I get a message for another [profanity] 185MB update? This is RIDICULOUS with this product?

This is absolutely insane. I've never had to deal with anything like this with TurboTax before. I do the updates, it says the updates are successful, and then the next time I open it, BAM, gotta do another friggin' update. What could these updates possibly be doing? Are the tax laws changing by the [profanity deleted] hour?

Answer

This is a year old post, but this usually happens when a preference of Applications support file has become damaged or corrupt.   The solution is to do a total uninstall of ALL associated files the  then empty the trash restart the Mac before re-installing.

Corruption could have occurred in the Application or in an associated preference or support file.

The best remedy is to totally uninstall TurboTax and all associate files and then re-install. That will not delete or change any .tax2018 data file that had already been created with the tax data.

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac

Empty the trash and restart the Mac.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901209-reinstall-turbotax-mac

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
SuperUser
1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default