Issues with Health insurance coverage - HSA section . Not enough options for selection self, self with kids, family ? Need help

Looks like Turbo tax is missing some options in the Health Insurance Section.   Employers offer enrollment at different levels -  Family,  Self,  self with kids.  I have a deluxe version which only allows for either Family or self.   My wife is having her insurance with kids,  I am having insurance myself.   Under mine I didn't choose HSA,  but my wife is having HSA.  While entering the information in Deluxe version the software thinks my insurance is lapsed.  Looks like yoursoftware is missing this.  Need help .  contact me for more details

The section of TurboTax is correct with regard to High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options.  HDHP plans with HSAs are only Family or Self.  It does not matter which version of TurboTax you are using.  They are all the same with regard to the tax reporting of HSAs and HDHP coverage. 

If your plan does not include the HSA option, then you should choose None for your own coverage in the HSA section. 

To go back to the section of your return to answer the questions again, use the following steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “hsa” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to hsa
  • Click on the blue “Jump to hsa” link and edit your information

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
TurboTax TaxPro

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community