First time filing injured spouse - please help

My husband and I were married in July of 2017 - he owes several thousand in back pay for child support.  I have 2 children from a previous marriage so would I get more back filing separate or joint with injured spouse?  I know that you don't get certain credits such as EIC when you file separate.  I am just so scared the IRS will take my entire refund.  We should get back $6000 filing joint but separate I would only get back $2000.  Does anyone know how the IRS splits the refund if injured spouse is accepted?

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community