TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
57 people found this useful

How do I get TurboTax Live or Expert Services?

TurboTax Live and Expert Services both include help from a tax expert when you need it, and the option for a final review of your return. There are two ways to add these benefits.

Option 1 - Start with TurboTax Live

When you first start your return you can choose TurboTax Live, which includes all of the tax situations covered by our most all-encompassing version, TurboTax Self-Employed.

Option 2 - If you start with a different TurboTax product

If you’re using TurboTax Free Edition, Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed, you can add Expert Services.

You can do this at different points while working on your return, but if you’d like to add it now:

1. Sign in to your current account and select Take me to my return.
  2. Select Live Tax Advice at the top of your screen.
  3. Then, select Get Expert Services.
  4. And choose Talk to an expert.
  5. Now that you have Expert Services, you'll be able to connect with a tax expert.

You can come back to get help at any time by selecting Expert Help at the top of your screen.

What if I can't see the Live Tax Advice option?

1. Select Help at the top, and then Contact us.
  2. Enter "Add Expert Services" in the Ask a question box and Continue.
  3. Choose Talk to an expert.
  4. Select Get Expert Services.
  5. Select Talk to an expert.
  6. Now that you have Expert Services, you'll be able to connect with a tax expert.

L2kcnq0BN