I just started my 2016 Taxes in TurboTax Online. Why don't I see all my information from last year?
We are currently experiencing an issue where partial customer information is transferred from their 2015 tax return when they start their 2016 tax returns in TurboTax Online.
Who is Affected?
You are affected by this issue is you meet all of the following:
- You filed with TurboTax Home and Business in 2015
- You are starting your return in the same account as the one used to file your taxes in 2015
If you are experiencing this issue please try the following workaround:
- Log into TurboTax Online
- Click on My Tax Timeline
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen
- Click Load my Tax Timeline
- Click 2015
- Click Download .tax file
- Scroll back to the top of your screen
- Click Continue My Return
- Once the program enters into your tax return
- Click My Account
- Click Tools
- Click on Transfer last year's TurboTax return from your computer
- Click Continue
- Click Choose File
- Browse your computer for the .tax file that downloaded from your account (turbotaxreturn.tax2015)
- Click Transfer Return
- Follow on-screen prompts
If this workaround does not work. Please click here to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.