2016 Iowa Federal Estimated Tax Payments Deduction Amend Instructions
Certain married taxpayers filing separately in Iowa, who paid Net Investment Income Tax on their federal return may need to amend their Iowa tax return. Although we fixed the issue in TurboTax, we want to make sure your return is complete and accurate.
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Iowa state tax return prior to May 11, 2017 AND
- You filed with the status Married filing separately on this combined return
What you need to do:
- You can amend your return yourself:
- After the changes are made to your return, you will need to mail the amended return. We're here to help if you have questions or need assistance. You can call us at 1-877-216-2138 to reach an agent who is prepared to assist you with this issue. Tell the agent you're calling about: 2016 Iowa: Federal Estimated Tax Payments Deduction.
- Remember to keep a copy of your amended state return in your tax files.