TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ

2016 Louisiana: Credit for Tax Paid in Arkansas Amend Instructions

Certain taxpayers who are residents of Louisiana and who also filed a non-resident Arkansas tax return may need to amend their Louisiana tax return.  Although we fixed the issue in TurboTax, we want to make sure your return is complete and accurate. 

You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:

  • You filed your Louisiana state tax return prior to March 28, 2017 AND
  • You were a resident of Louisiana AND
  • You filed and paid tax to Arkansas as a non-resident 
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Louisiana state tax. You may need to amend your Louisiana tax return. 

What you need to do:

Filing an amended return is free.  If for any reason you are not satisfied with TurboTax as a result of this issue, we will refund your purchase price. 
We apologize if this situation applies to you.  If you have additional questions, please contact us at 1-877-216-2138.