2016 Louisiana: Credit for Tax Paid in Arkansas Amend Instructions
Certain taxpayers who are residents of Louisiana and who also filed a non-resident Arkansas tax return may need to amend their Louisiana tax return. Although we fixed the issue in TurboTax, we want to make sure your return is complete and accurate.
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Louisiana state tax return prior to March 28, 2017 AND
- You were a resident of Louisiana AND
- You filed and paid tax to Arkansas as a non-resident
What you need to do:
- You can amend your return yourself:
- After the changes are made to your return, you will need to mail the amended return. We're here to help if you have questions or need assistance. You can call us at 1-877-216-2138 to reach an agent who is prepared to assist you with this issue. Tell the agent you're calling about: 2016 Louisiana: Credit for Tax Paid in Arkansas.
- Remember to keep a copy of your amended state return in your tax files.