2016 Mississippi Dividends Amend Instructions
Certain married taxpayers filing combined in Mississippi, who received dividends in Mississippi, may need to amend their tax return. Although we fixed the issue in TurboTax, we want to make sure your return is complete and accurate.
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Mississippi state tax return prior to March 27, 2017 AND
- You used the Married – Combined filing status on your Mississippi state tax return AND
- You received tax exempt dividends
What you need to do:
- You can amend your return yourself:
- After the changes are made to your return, you will need to mail the amended return. We're here to help if you have questions or need assistance. You can call us at 1-877-216-2138 to reach an agent who is prepared to assist you with this issue. Tell the agent you're calling about: 2016 Mississippi: Dividends.
- Remember to keep a copy of your amended state return in your tax files.