TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ

2016 Colorado Part-Year Resident Earned Income Tax Credit Amend Instructions

Certain taxpayers who were part-year residents of Colorado and who received an Earned Income Tax Credit on their state return may need to amend their Colorado tax return. Although we fixed the issue in TurboTax, we want to make sure your return is complete and accurate.

You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:

  • You filed your Colorado state tax return prior to June 27, 2017 AND
  • You were a part-year resident of Colorado AND
  • You received an Earned Income Tax Credit on Form 104CR, Line 5
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your state tax return. 

What you need to do:

Filing an amended return is free.  In addition, as a part of our Accurate Calculation Guarantee, TurboTax will reimburse you for any penalties or interest you are assessed as a result of this error.  You can find additional information about our Accurate Calculation Guarantee by clicking on this link TurboTax Accurate Calculation Guarantee .  If for any reason you are not satisfied with TurboTax as a result of this issue, we will refund your purchase price. 
We apologize if this situation applies to you.  If you have additional questions, please contact us at 1-877-216-2138.