2016 Colorado Part-Year Resident Earned Income Tax Credit Amend Instructions
Certain taxpayers who were part-year residents of Colorado and who received an Earned Income Tax Credit on their state return may need to amend their Colorado tax return. Although we fixed the issue in TurboTax, we want to make sure your return is complete and accurate.
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Colorado state tax return prior to June 27, 2017 AND
- You were a part-year resident of Colorado AND
- You received an Earned Income Tax Credit on Form 104CR, Line 5
What you need to do:
- You can amend your return yourself:
- After the changes are made to your return, you will need to mail the amended return. We're here to help if you have questions or need assistance. You can call us at 1-877-216-2138 to reach an agent who is prepared to assist you with this issue. Tell the agent you're calling about: 2016 Colorado Part-Year Resident Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Remember to keep a copy of your amended state return in your tax files.