Why can't I save my TurboTax Return as a PDF in TurboTax Desktop for Windows or Mac?
We are currently experiencing an issue where some customers are not able to save their tax returns as a PDF in TurboTax for Windows and Mac. When a customer tries to save their tax return as a PDF TurboTax produces a generic error message while the program is attempting to generate a PDF.
Who is Affected?
Customers who attempt to save their tax returns as a PDF are affected by this issue if:
- An error message is generated when trying to save your tax return as a PDF
- .Tax file size of greater than 60MB
- If you attempt to generate another PDF TurboTax crashes
This issue will not be fixed in the TurboTax Desktop 2016 product. If you are experiencing this issue please complete one of the following workarounds:
- Print return via File Menu:
- Click the File Menu
- Select Print
- Select which forms you want to print (Ex. All forms and worksheets, or only forms needed for filing)
- Click Save as PDF
- Save PDF
- Print PDF
If the above workaround did not work please install the software on a Mac.