2016 Maine Tuition and Fee Deduction Addback Amend Instructions
Certain taxpayers who received a federal tuition and fees deduction may need to amend their Maine tax return. Although we fixed the issue in TurboTax, we want to make sure your return is complete and accurate.
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Maine state tax return prior to March 17, 2017 AND
- You received a tuition and fees deduction on your federal tax return
What you need to do:
- You can amend your return yourself:
- After the changes are made to your return, you will need to mail the amended return. We're here to help if you have questions or need assistance. You can call us at 1-877-216-2138 to reach an agent who is prepared to assist you with this issue. Tell the agent you're calling about: 2016 Maine: Tuition and Fee Deduction Addback.
- Remember to keep a copy of your amended state return in your tax files.