2016 Illinois Non-Qualified Plan Retirement Adjustment Amend Instructions
Certain taxpayers who received a deduction for a retirement distribution may need to amend their Illinois tax return. Although we fixed the issue in TurboTax, we want to make sure your return is complete and accurate
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your state tax return prior to February 21, 2017 AND
- You received a deduction for a retirement distribution on Line 8 of Form IL-1040
What you need to do:
- You can amend your return yourself:
- After the changes are made to your return, you will need to mail the amended return. We're here to help if you have questions or need assistance. You can call us at 1-877-216-2138 to reach an agent who is prepared to assist you with this issue. Tell the agent you're calling about: 2016 Illinois: Non-Qualified Plan Retirement Adjustment.
- Remember to keep a copy of your amended state return in your tax files.