TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ

2016 Maine Schedule NR or NRH Credit Carry Amend Instructions

Certain taxpayers who filed Schedule NR or NRH for the Nonresident Credit may need to amend their Maine tax return. Although we fixed the issue in TurboTax, we want to make sure your return is complete and accurate

You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:

  • You filed your Maine state tax return prior to May 4, 2017 AND
  • You filed Schedule NR or NRH for the Nonresident credit AND
  • Your taxable Maine income was $2,000 or less AND
  • You nor your spouse are claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You may need to amend your state tax return. 

What you need to do:

Remember to keep a copy of your amended state return in your tax files.
Filing an amended return is free. If for any reason you are not satisfied with TurboTax as a result of this issue, we will refund your purchase price. 
We apologize if this situation applies to you.  If you have additional questions, please contact us at 1-877-216-2138.