2016 Alabama Certain Business Expenses Amend Instructions
Taxpayers who had certain Alabama business expenses may need to amend their state tax return. Although we fixed the issue in TurboTax, we want to make sure your return is complete and accurate.
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your Alabama state tax return prior to July 27, 2017 AND
- You had unreimbursed business expenses of performing artists, reservists or fee-basis government officials on the federal return
What you need to do:
- You can amend your return yourself:
- After the changes are made to your return, you will need to mail the amended return.
- We're here to help if you have questions or need assistance. You can call us at 1-877-216-2138 to reach an agent who is prepared to assist you with this issue. Tell the agent you're calling about: 2016 Alabama Certain Business Expenses.