2016 Massachusetts Non-Resident Allocation of Income Amend Instructions
Certain taxpayers who worked in the state of Massachusetts but lived in another state may need to amend their Massachusetts tax return. Although we fixed the issue in TurboTax, we want to make sure your return is complete and accurate.
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your state tax return prior to April 4, 2017 AND
- During 2016 you had wages earned in Massachusetts and were a resident of another state AND
- Your Form W-2 showed the same wages for Massachusetts and your resident state
What you need to do:
- You can amend your return yourself:
- After the changes are made to your return, you will need to mail the amended return.
- We're here to help if you have questions or need assistance. You can call us at 1-877-216-2138 to reach an agent who is prepared to assist you with this issue. Tell the agent you're calling about: 2016 Massachusetts: Non-Resident Allocation of Income.