I did the worksheet for a sale of a home, however it said I didn't need to report the capital gain because it was under the 250,000 or 500,000 limit. Do I need a form?

IRS sent me a letter asking for verification as to the sale bc they received the info of the sale from the title company.  I did not receive the 1099-S but I went through the worksheets on turbo tax which said I don't need to report this sale bc the gain/cost was under the 250,000/500,000
Do I need to send another form and amend the return to report the sale?  What is the form?   If I needed it then why didn't turbo tax include it?

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community