TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ

How do I print a copy of my return after filing, for my own records?

1. Click on Tax Timeline in the upper left corner.  
  2. Scroll down to the Some things you can do section near the bottom of the screen. and select Download/print return (PDF). 
    [If you don't see Download/print return (PDF), you're in the wrong account.] Let's get you into the account that has your 2016 return.
  3. On the next screen, click Download my return.
  4. Once your return has downloaded, locate the PDF and open it. If you see a printer icon at the top of the screen, click that; or if you have a File menu in the upper left corner, open that and select Print.
  5. Make any adjustments in the Print window, such as number of copies, and then click the Print button at the bottom.
  6. If nothing prints or the PDF saves instead of prints, repeat Step 4 and then:
    • Click the Advanced button near the top of the popup window;
    • Clear the Print to File checkbox;
    • Click OK,and then click the Print button again.

When you print the "hard copy" of the return you filed, it'll include extra documentation and calculation worksheets for your files. However, it won't include W-2, 1099, or any other forms from your employer, bank, brokerage (etc.) because TurboTax didn't generate those forms. Contact the party who originally issued those forms if you need those.

GEN88953