2016 Arizona: Medical and Dental Expense Adjustment
Certain taxpayers who itemized their deductions and paid medical and dental expenses using funds from a Health Savings Account (HSA) may need to amend their Arizona tax return. Although we fixed the issue in TurboTax, we want to make sure your return is complete and accurate
You may be affected if all of the following apply to you:
- You filed your state tax return prior to March 17, 2017 AND
- You reported medical expenses on the federal tax return AND
- You used funds from a Health Savings Account (HSA) to pay for medical expenses.
What you need to do:
- You can amend your return yourself:
- After the changes are made to your return, you will need to mail the amended return.
- We're here to help if you have questions or need assistance. You can call us at 1-877-216-2138 to reach an agent who is prepared to assist you with this issue. Tell the agent you're calling about: 2016 Arizona: Medical and Dental Expense Adjustment.
Remember to keep a copy of your amended state return in your tax files.
Filing an amended return is free. In addition, as a part of our Accuracy Guarantee, TurboTax will reimburse you for any penalties or interest you are assessed as result of this error. You can find additional information about our Accuracy Guarantee by clicking on this link TurboTax Accuracy Guarantee . If for any reason you are not satisfied with TurboTax as a result of this issue, we will refund your purchase price.
We apologize if this situation applies to you. If you have additional questions, please contact us at 1-877-216-2138.