TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ

What happens after I agree to share my tax info with Intuit?

After you agree, Intuit (the makers of TurboTax) can use your info to give you personalized advice and offers based on your unique financial situation. Your info is subject to the Intuit Privacy Statement.

Does this mean Intuit can sell my info?

No. This consent does not give Intuit permission to sell your info.

What are some examples of the ways Intuit might use my tax info once I agree?

• Example 1: Let's say you sign up for another Intuit product like Turbo. After you share your tax info with Intuit, Turbo might learn that you paid interest on student loans. Turbo can then give you customized options to see if you can save money on your loans.
  • Example 2: In addition to TurboTax, you also use QuickBooks and Mint, two other Intuit products. After you share your tax info with Intuit, QuickBooks and Mint can use your tax info to make your accounts even more personalized and convenient.
  • Example 3: Intuit may use your tax info to build your overall financial profile and enhance your overall account. It can then use that profile to give you personalized advice and recommendations. It also may reach out to you with information about products or services that could be of interest to you, like ways to save money for retirement.

What if I don't want to get marketing emails from Intuit?

No problem. Click or tap here to control what you get and don't get from us.

Where can I get more information?

Please see our Data Stewardship Principles, which reflect our company's values and how we strive to maintain your privacy. You can also read the Intuit Privacy Statement, which describes our privacy practices.

GEN88889