TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
13 people found this useful

How do I pay for the mobile app so I can access my prior-year return?

First, we need to make sure you’re in the same account (same User ID) that you used when you filed your prior-year return. TurboTax stores all of your prior tax returns in one place, but only if you use the same account to file each year.  

Here’s what to do:

1. Go back into the TurboTax mobile app.
  2. In the prior year you have open in your tax timeline (i.e., 2015), make sure it says Filed next to the return (”Filed federal tax return”) It will also show any state return/s you have.) If it says ‘Filed,’ great! Your prior year returns are here and you’re in the right account. 

Now to access these return/s (download/save them) and all your other prior year returns, you’ll need to first pay for TurboTax. 

• See below for payment instructions.

If it doesn’t say ‘Filed’ next to the prior year return, STOP – and click here to read this full note.

This means you didn’t file a return for that year in this account.
  • Let’s get you into the right account, so you can access all of your prior year returns.

After you locate your account, go ahead and return here and then follow the payment instructions below.

Follow these instructions to pay for TurboTax:

1. Scroll up and tap the orange Take me to my return button. Go past the blue Simple and accurate screen.
  2. Tap the red TurboTax checkmark (iPhone) or menu icon (3 lines; Android) on the upper left hand side of the screen.
  3. Tap File in the side menu. (You might be asked to provide a little more info before you can proceed to the File section. Once you've provided that info, go back to File.)
  4. Tap Start next to Review your order and follow the directions to submit payment. (Be sure to select the credit/debit card option, Apple Pay, or Google PLAY, instead of Pay with federal refund).
  5. After submitting payment, tap the red TurboTax checkmark or menu icon on the upper left hand side of the screen, and tap My TurboTax.
  6. Tap Load My Tax Timeline next to Looking for prior year returns?
  7. Tap on the year you are looking for to expand this section.
  8. Tap View return (PDF) and you can now save your return.

Related Information:

GEN88862