TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
19 people found this useful

How can I e-file my extension if I don't have my AGI, or the AGI I used got rejected?

For most taxpayers, the deadline to file a federal extension was on April 18. However, if you were living outside of the U.S. on that date (for example, stationed overseas), you have until June 18 to file your extension with the IRS.

You should enter 0 as your AGI if you didn't file a return last year. If you don't have last year's AGI (or your extension got rejected), you can pay owed taxes directly to the IRS by June 18:

  1. Go to IRS Direct Pay, then click or tap Make a Payment.
  2. Select Tax Return or Notice as your reason for payment.
  3. Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to completion.

Do this as soon as possible, as interest accrues on any unpaid taxes after April 18.

You can also pay through EFTPS (requires enrollment) or by debit/credit card (fees apply). See all IRS payment options.