TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
43 people found this useful

What if I'm having trouble with my verification code?

It can take up to 15 minutes for the code to be emailed to you, and check your junk email folders too. (Don’t try to get a new code too soon, it will invalidate the old code and you’ll end up waiting longer.)

Also keep in mind, you can’t get a code via text if you don’t have a phone number listed in your TurboTax account.

I can’t log in to my TurboTax account

The easiest option is to go to account recovery and follow the steps to get into your account.

If account recovery doesn’t work, fill out an Email Change Request (takes longer).

I have access to my TurboTax account but I didn’t get a code

If you didn’t get a code, check that you have the correct email/phone number listed in your account:

1. Select MyAccount from the upper right.
  2. Click the Account Settings option.
  3. If the email is wrong, click Edit on the Email address line in the PROFILE section and follow the instructions (for phone, go to the SECURITY section instead).

The code I got isn’t working

1. Request another verification code (resend verification email).
  2. Leave the window open that asks for the code, closing it will invalidate the code.
  3. Open another tab, window or use a different browser to check your email for the code.

GEN88832