E-file rejection codes F1040-525-02 or F1040A-525-02: Date of birth mismatch
This rejection occurs when the date of birth for the first person listed on the return is either incorrect or doesn't match IRS records.
The code and message associated with this rejection varies with the tax form:
- F1040-525-02: The date of birth you entered on your tax return does not match what the IRS has in its files for you.
- F1040A-525-02: If 'PINTypeCd' in the Return Header has the value "Self-Select On-Line" and Form 1040A, Line 2 checkbox "Married filing jointly" is checked, and 'SpecialProcessingLiteralCd' does not have a value and 'CombatZoneCd' does not have a value and 'SpecialProcessingCodeTxt' does not have a value and 'PrimaryDeathDt' does not have a value, then 'PrimaryBirthDt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database.
You'll need to leave the TurboTax app and sign in to a browser:
- Sign out of the app by tapping the TurboTax icon in the upper-left corner > App Settings > Sign Out.
- Open your browser (either on your device or a computer) and sign in at MyTurboTax.com (use your app login).
- Fix and refile your return in TurboTax Online. Instructions