TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
5 people found this useful

How do I file an IRS extension (Form 4868)?

For most TurboTax Online customers, the deadline to file a federal extension was on April 18. However, if you're stationed outside of the U.S. with an AE, AP, or AA military address, you have until June 18 to file your extension with the IRS.

You can do this by searching for extend at upper right, then clicking or tapping the "Jump to" link at the top of your search results.

Then, click or tap Start Easy Extension and follow the onscreen instructions to e-file your extension. You can also file your extension at our Easy Extension website.