How do I upgrade to PLUS in TurboTax Online after I've already filed my 2016 return?
Follow these directions to add and pay for PLUS on a Federal Free Edition return you already filed with TurboTax Online. Please provide your credit or debit card to add PLUS.
- Select My Tax Timeline under My TurboTax.
- Under your 2016 Tax Year, select Add a State. (Don’t worry, this won’t add a state to your account and it won’t change your return.)
- Once you've passed the blue Simple and Accurate screen, click or tap Upgrade on the blue menu bar.
- Select PLUS and click or tap Upgrade Now. (If PLUS is grayed out, skip to step 6.)
- Click or tap Confirm Upgrade.
- Now select My Account > Print Center.
- Select Print, save or preview this year's return.
- When you see Like to print your return now? select Pay now.
- On the Your order summary screen, click or tap View payment options.
- Enter your billing information, then click or tap Pay now.
- Click or tap Tax Timeline to get back to your home page.
- Select My Tax Timeline under My TurboTax. You should now have access to your prior-year returns (if not, sign out and then sign back in).