TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
806 people found this useful

How do I upgrade to PLUS in TurboTax Online after I've already filed my 2016 return?

Follow these directions to add and pay for PLUS on a Free Edition return you already filed with TurboTax Online. Please provide your credit or debit card to add PLUS.

1. Select My Tax Timeline under My TurboTax.
  2.  

3. Under your 2016 Tax Year, select Add a State. (Don’t worry, this won’t add a state to your account and it won’t change your return.)
  4.  

5. Once you've passed the blue Simple and Accurate screen, click or tap Upgrade on the blue menu bar.
  6.  

7. Select PLUS and click or tap Upgrade Now. (If PLUS is grayed out, skip to step 6.)
  8.  

9. Click or tap Confirm Upgrade.
  10.  

11. Now select My Account > Print Center.
  12.  

13.  Select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  14.  

15. When you see Like to print your return now? select Pay now.
  16.  

17. On the Review your order screen, note that PLUS has been added. Click or tap Continue.
  18.  

19. Enter your billing information, then click or tap Pay now.
  20.  

21. You'll get confirmation that your payment has been accepted. You are now upgraded to PLUS.

22. You can now access your prior year returns. Click or Tap Tax Timeline in the upper left, and you'll see the years for which you filed prior year returns. You can access your returns here. (If not, sign out and then sign back in to TurboTax.)
  23.  

You can also start using all of the other great features of PLUS!

GEN88820