Hello. I submitted my return yesterday and then realized that I had an additional 1099misc to add as well as business expenses related to that 1099.

I filed an amendment and then it said that I may need to print and mail in return forms, but I was just sent back to the home screen and I'm not sure what to do next.

Answer

You will need to print your amended return and mail it in order to file it. Three weeks after you have mailed your amended return you can track it by visiting the following link: Where is my Amended Return or by calling the toll-free telephone number 866-464-2050.  Please see my previous answer below for instructions on how to print your amended tax return in TurboTax Online:

Amended returns (1040X) have to be printed and mailed in order to be filed. They can't be filed electronically (e-filed) per the IRS rules.  To print/download Form 1040X prepared using TurboTax Online, you will need to get back into the tax preparation to do this, to do so, follow the instructions below:

•     Log in to your TurboTax Online account
  •     Click on My TurboTax at the top of the page
  •     Click on My Tax Timeline
  •     Under Some Things You Can Do (below your 2016 return statuses), click on Add a State (you will not prepare a state return, this just gets you back into the return to download your amended return)
  •     Once you are in your return click on My Account 
  •     Click on Print Center  to view/print/download the amended return and filing instructions

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
TurboTaxHeather14 , Tax Support Agent
TurboTax Tax Support Agent

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default