E-file reject error IND-183-01: The Spouse did not enter a valid Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN)
You'll get this rejection message if your spouse's IP PIN is incorrect or missing:
IND-183-01: The Spouse did not enter a valid Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN). Please visit www.irs.gov/getanippin for further information and resubmit your return with the correct number.
First, find your spouse's 6-digit IP PIN:
- Look on the CP01A letter they received in December or January for your 2016 taxes. IP PINs from prior tax years won't work.
- If they lost or never received their CP01A letter, retrieve their IP PIN online at the IRS's Get an IP PIN site.
- If you're unable to retrieve their IP PIN online, they can have it reissued (allow up to 21 days). More info
Then, follow these instructions:
- Sign in to TurboTax if you haven't already signed in.
- Click or tap any orange "Fix" buttons you see before proceeding to the next step.
- At the Welcome back to TurboTax message, click or tap Fix It Now.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your 2016 IP PIN and re-file your return.