Why did I receive this email?
Any time a change is made to your account, even a small correction or slight adjustment, we’ll notify you to make sure that only you have accessed your TurboTax information. This helps keep your account safe.
You used a new device (or one we can’t recognize) to sign in to your TurboTax account. Any of the following actions can trigger this notification:
- You signed in on a different computer than you normally use.
- You signed in on a mobile device after previously using a computer.
- You changed browsers or used “incognito” or a “private browsing” window.
- You cleared your browser data, including cookies.
If you didn’t take any of these actions, we recommend you change your password and also consider adding your phone number to your account:
- Sign in to your account
- Select “My Account” and then “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu
- Choose the “Security” tab and select “Edit” across from “Password”
- After updating your password, select “Edit” across from “Phone”
We’re committed to protecting your personal information. Follow this link to learn more.