Resolved: Indiana County Estimated Payments weren't Flowing to Form IT-40
Indiana residents who made estimated county payments were not seeing the estimated payment flow through to the Indiana personal return.
There is a workaround for this issue:
- Click Federal Taxes (or Personal, in Self-Employed or Home and Business)
- Select Deductions and Credits
- Scroll down and click Start/Update next to Estimates
- Click Update next to Local Estimated Taxes paid in 2016
- Remove the county payments
- Hit Back
- Click Update next to State Estimated Taxes paid in 2016
- Enter county payments
- This will resolve the issue, go ahead and finish your taxes
A note has now been added to the Local Tax Payments screen to clarify for Indiana residents that they need to enter County Payments under the State Payments.