TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
9 people found this useful

Where do I enter a 1099-G for a state or local tax refund?

Here's how:

You’ll enter this info in the federal section of TurboTax, and we’ll automatically add it to your state return, if appropriate.

  1.  Open your return
    (To do this, open the TurboTax mobile app and tape the orange Take me to my return button
  2. Select Federal Taxes, and then Wages & Income
  3. Tap Other Common Income, then select Refunds Received for State/Local Tax Returns
  4. Follow the screens to enter the information on your state or local tax refund.