Reject R0000-902-01: Taxpayer TIN in the Return Header must not be the same as a TIN of a previously accepted electronic return for the return type and tax period indicated in the tax return
R0000-902-01 means that a return using the taxpayer's or spouse's Social Security or Taxpayer Identification number has already been filed.
This can happen if your spouse or another family member has already filed your return for you. Other reasons for this rejection include:
- Your (or your spouse's) SSN or ITIN was entered incorrectly;
- The same SSN or ITIN was used for both filers on a joint return; or
- Somebody filed a fraudulent return using your (or your spouse's) SSN or ITIN.
Grab your Social Security card(s) and then sign in to a browser:
- Sign out of the app by tapping TurboTax icon in the upper-left corner > App Settings > Sign Out.
- Open your browser (either on your device or a computer) and sign in at MyTurboTax.com (use your app login).
- Fix and refile your return in TurboTax Online. Instructions