Where do I enter the property or real estate taxes I paid?
If it's for rental property you own, your property/real estate taxes are entered along with your other rental expenses.
Otherwise, you'll enter them in the Deductions & Credits section:
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
- In the Federal Taxes section, select Deductions & Credits.
- Tap the option that prompts you to check tax breaks.
- Select Your Home, then Property (Real Estate) Taxes.
- Answer Yes to Did you pay property or real estate taxes in 2016?.
- Enter your property/real estate taxes on the next screen.
Tip: If you own additional properties for personal use (for example, a cabin or timeshare), make sure to include the property/real estate payments for those as well.