E-file reject IND-181-01: The Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) for the first taxpayer on your return is missing
You'll get this rejection if your IP PIN is missing.
First, find your 6-digit IP PIN:
- Look on the CP01A letter you received in December or January for your 2016 taxes. IP PINs from prior tax years won't work.
- If you lost or never got your CP01A letter, retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS's Get an IP PIN site.
- If unable to retrieve your IP PIN online, you can have it reissued (allow up to 21 days). More info
Then, follow these instructions:
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
- You'll be prompted to confirm the status of your return(s). Click Continue.
- At the Rejected message, click Help Me Fix It.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your 2016 IP PIN and re-file your return.