Where do I enter my 1098 mortgage interest statement?
If you didn't get your 1098 from your mortgage company by early February, you might be able to find this information on January's mortgage statement. Contact your lender if you think your 1098 is missing information or if you need help deciphering it.
Here's how to enter your mortgage interest statement in TurboTax:
- Open your return.
(To do this, open the mobile app and click the orange Take me to my return button.)
- Tap the menu icon in the upper left, select Federal Taxes, and then Deductions & Credits.
- Select Your Home, and tap Mortgage Interest, Refinancing, and Insurance.
- Answer Yes to Did you pay any home loans in 2016?
- Type in the name of your mortgage lender.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter the rest of the information on your 1098 form.