Where do I enter my health insurance premiums if I'm self-employed?
Follow the instructions below to enter your premiums, and we’ll check to see if you qualify for any deductions:
I got a 1095-A from Healthcare.gov or a state marketplace.
- Report the premiums you paid on your 1095-A in the Health Insurance section.
- Type “1095-A” in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link
I paid COBRA premiums and the policy is in a former employer's name.
- Enter the premiums as a medical expense in Deductions & Credits under the Personal tab.
- Type “Schedule A” in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link
I paid health insurance premiums and the policy is in my name and not from a Marketplace.
- You’ll enter the premiums as a business expense, under Business Income and Expenses.
- Type “Schedule C” in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link.
- Go to Self-Employed Health Insurance under Less Common Expenses.