Troubleshoot Printing Issues
You can only print from an Apple Smart Phone or Device.
You can’t print from an Android Device.
If you’re using an Android device, you’ll need to log out of your TurboTax account. We’ll save all of your information, and when you are ready to print you can login from your computer or other device with printing capabilities and print your tax return.
Make sure you are using iOS native or Safari.
(You can’t print from iOS Chrome – you will get an error message and will either need to use iOS native or Safari, or print from a computer with printing capabilities.)
- First, make sure you can print something from a program other than TurboTax.
- Once you know you're Airprint is working, open your return in TurboTax.
(To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the orange Take me to my return button.)
- If you have followed one of the options for printing (see below) and are having problems, see Apple - AirPrint.
As review, here are the two situations where you will typically print your return:
Make sure you have tried one of the following before visiting Apple - AirPrint.
Follow these TurboTax printing instructions if you are going to file your return by mail.
If you already filed your return (if you e-filed, for example), and you want to print a copy for your records, here's how:
- Tap the menu icon in the upper left.
- Tap Tax Timeline in the upper left.
- You will now have the option to print your current year return.
If you want to print a prior year return, then on the line, Looking for prior year returns? click Load My Tax Timeline. You can then select the previous return you want and print it.
As mentioned, if you have tried one of the above and are having problems printing, see Apple - AirPrint.