Troubleshoot Printing Issues
If you're having problems printing, here's what to do:
First, make sure you can print something from a different program.
If your printer is working:
- Save and print a PDF of your return. Here's how (This applies to a 2016 or prior year return that you have completed).
- Be sure to note the location/folder where you save your PDF, for future reference or printing.
- The PDF option allows for the easiest printing. You avoid any potential problems from your printer not communicating with the TurboTax program.
- You can also print from TurboTax. If that doesn’t work, continue below.
If you’re not able to print:
- First, open your return (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the orange Take me to my return button.)
Many printing problems can be resolved by installing the latest version of Adobe Reader (it's free).
- If that didn't help, proceed to the troubleshooting steps below.
Follow these steps in the order given:
- See if you can print something from a different program.
- Make sure your printer's drivers and computer's operating system are up-to-date.
- Make sure the printer you're using is your default printer.
- Remove all other devices (external or thumb drives, scanners, etc.) which can sometimes interfere with printers.
- Shut your computer and printer down for 15-30 seconds, and then turn them back on.
- If your printer is on a network, try a direct connection to a printer using a cable.
- Sign in with a different browser and/or try a different computer that has access to a printer.