TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
1 person found this useful

Why am I not able to show on my Louisiana return that I am not required to file a federal return?

Some filers who are not required to file a federal return but would like to file their Louisiana return, are unable to indicate on their Louisiana return that they are not required to file a federal return.

Workaround

This feature is not available in TurboTax Online. In order to file your Louisiana State Return and indicate that you are not required to file a federal return, you will need to purchase and use our TurboTax CD/Download.

How do I switch from TurboTax Online to the TurboTax Software?

Once you have completed your federal return and are in your Louisiana State Return, switch to Forms Mode.

Once you are in the TurboTax program:

Scroll down the list of Forms in My Return to Louisiana Form 540P23 and click on it.

Check the box next to "If you are not required to file a federal return, enter wages here."

Return to Step-by-Step mode and complete your Louisiana Return.

SLN98317