Ohio Local Tax transferred incorrectly into 2016 return
In some instances an incorrect amount of Ohio Local tax may have been transferred into the 2016 return.
If the amount of local tax paid in 2016 for an amount owed for 2015 is different than the transferred amount please use the following steps to correct:
- Select the "Federal Taxes" tab ("Personal" in H&B)
- Select "Deductions & Credits"
- Select "I'll choose what I work on"
- Scroll down to "Estimated and Other Taxes Paid"
- Select "Other Income Taxes"
- Scroll down to "Other Income Taxes Paid in 2016"
- Select "Balance due on your 2015 local taxes paid in 2016"
- Enter the correct amount on the "Balance Due on 2015 Local Taxes" interview screen