TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
27 people found this useful

Why am I unable to indicate my state ID does not have an expiration or issued date?

Some TurboTax customers are experiencing an issue when their state issued ID does not have an expiration or issued date.

Workaround for TurboTax Online

If your state issued identification does not have an an Expiration Date,  verify the Expiration Date Format box selection reads --Select-- . You will not be required to enter anything into the Expiration date fields.

If your state issued identification does not have an Issued Date, select the Back button and choose the I don't have any of these forms of ID option. You may then continue to e-file.

Workaround for TurboTax Desktop

If your state issued identification does not have an Issued Date, make sure that both the State where ID field was issued is blank and the License of ID Number field is blank. If you entered anything in for the Expiration Date fields, please remove this information as well, making sure the fileds are blank.

You should be able to select Continue and proceed with filing your return.

SLN98301