MS -Unable to correct prior year liability on Form 80-320 on TTO in smartcheck
We are aware of the error when running smartcheck on MS state taxes and you receive and error to correct prior year liability on Form 80-320
Navigate back to the State Tab at the top of your screen and go through the state taxes again.
- On the screen "Let's get your state taxes done right" - click -Continue-
- Choose -Delete- to remove your State Return and click -YES- to confirm the delete
- Choose "-Add Another State-"
- Choose -Mississippi- and continue
Continue through your state interview again
When you reach the Page that reads:
Your 2015 Return
Choose the status of your 2015 Mississippi return.
- My 2015 Mississippi return showed no tax liability and I made estimated tax payments in 2016.
- My 2015 Mississippi return showed no tax liability but I did not make estimated tax payments in 2016.
- I did not file a 2015 return and I did not make estimated tax payments in 2016.
- None of the Above
Be sure to choose one of the options and follow the questions after with correct responses
If you do not choose anything on this screen the error will return