I got a CP2501 notice from the IRS
If you got a notice from the IRS, don’t worry. We’ll do our best to help you figure out what to do next.
The CP2501 notice means that you need to contact the IRS because they’ve received information not reported on your tax return.
You’ll need to:
- Carefully read your notice.
- Complete the notice response form (regardless if the information is right or wrong).
Some things you may want to consider:
- Order a transcript of your return.
- If the information is wrong, contact the person or business reporting it and ask them to correct it.
- Make sure your earlier returns don’t have the same mistake.