E-file reject FW2-502: The name or EIN for an employer on your W-2 doesn't match IRS records
This rejection can occur if you mistyped your employer's name or their EIN when you entered your W-2.
Other, less common reasons for this rejection:
- Your W-2 form is incorrect
- Your employer's info in the IRS database is wrong
You'll need to leave the TurboTax app and sign in to a browser:
- Sign out of the app by tapping the TurboTax icon in the upper-left corner > App Settings > Sign Out.
- Open your browser (either on your device or a computer) and sign in at MyTurboTax.com (use your app login).
- Fix and refile your return in TurboTax Online. Instructions