TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
24 people found this useful

What if I didn’t get a 1099-MISC, but made money from self-employment?

If you weren’t paid $600 or more, a business isn’t required to send you a 1099-MISC, but you still need to report the income.

To enter your self-employment income not reported on a 1099-MISC:

  • Type “Schedule C” in the Search box
  • Select the “Jump to” link.
  • Answer the general questions about your business (or select Edit at the work summary screen).
  • At the Let’s get income for… screen, select Additional Income.

If you did make $600 or more, contact the company or individual you worked for.