TurboTax Mobile may state your browser needs an update
Some TurboTax Online users accessing their returns from their mobile devices may receive the following error:
"Before we can start, it looks like you'll need a quick web browser update" "Your current web browser doesn't support TurboTax- but we can help!"
Steps to Resolve
This error occurs for a couple of known reasons. Try these troubleshooting steps to see if you are able to resolve the issue.
1. Check your device against our system requirements here **
2. Check your device for updates.
3. Check the Apple App Store or Google Play store for updates to the app or your browser
4. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app.
5. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the browser
**NOTE: if using the web browser version to access TurboTax Online and not the app, older Android operating systems have a default browser that is not Chrome and it is just called "Browser" be sure to use Chrome.