I own a rental property and get rental income though a sole proprieter LLC. Which 2016 Turbo Tax product do I need.

Every year your products change re: LLCs.

Last year I used Turbo Tax home business 2015

I have income on a W2

Investment income from stocks, bonds, etc

Rental income from a commercial building owned through a sole proprietor, LLC in my name only.

I don't need advice, and I know what I need to know. 

What is the minimum turbo tax product I can use?

Answer

TurboTax Premier will include what you need.

You will list ownership as personal since a single member LLC is a "disregarded entity" for purposes of your filing your return.  You would be the 100% owner. If the LLC is all about rental property, then all activity would be reported on Schedule E.

If you also have non-rental income as part of the LLC, that would be placed on Schedule C and you would then need TurboTax Self-Employed.

(edited 1/22/17)

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
TurboTax TaxPro

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default