TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
15 people found this useful

I need to amend my state return

Log into the TurboTax account you need to amend.

1. On the Welcome home screen, click Amend (change) return.
  2. On the Are you sure you'd like to amend? screen, click the Amend using TurboTax Online.
  3. On the We’ll Help you change (amend) your return screen, click Continue.
  4. On the Have You Already Filed This Return? screen, check Yes, I need to amend a return I already filed, and I need to amend my 2016 return, then click Continue. 
  5. On the What do you need to change on your return screen, scroll down and click Update next to State return.

Begin amending your state return with your changes.

NoteThe refund meter is reset and may show odd numbers until all of your changes are entered. When you're finished with your changes, the refund meter shows any additional amount owed or refunded to you. This amount is in addition to your original payment or refund shown on your originally filed tax return.

When finished you will see a copy of your amended return. Print two copies, one for your files and one to mail in. The refund meter shows your new refund or amount due to be mailed in.

Mail one copy of your amended return to your state address listed on your amend instructions. Processing of amended returns can take several months.

GEN88411