Where do I enter my HSA contribution?
In most cases, your HSA contribution has already been reported in Box 12 of your W-2 with code W: Employer Contributions to Health Savings Account.
Despite the misleading name, code W reports both your and your employer's contribution. (If you think the name is confusing, think of it as just "Contributions to Health Savings Account".)
If you put $1,500 in your HSA during 2016, and your employer matched your contribution, your W-2's Box 12 should have the amount of $3,000 with a code W.
Now, if you made HSA contributions not reported on your W-2 (this is uncommon), you can enter them manually.
- Sign into the Turbotax mobile app
- Tap on the orange Take me to my return button.
- Tap the red TurboTax checkmark on the upper left side of the screen.
- Tap on Federal Taxes and then Deductions and credits.
- Tap on Medical HSA, MSA, contributions, prescriptions, medical bills.
- Tap HS MSA Contributions.
- Tap the checkbox next to Health Savings Account (HSA) and swipe right.
- Follow the on screen instructions.