Where do I enter my Traditional or Roth IRA?
Select yourTurboTax product for detailed Instructions.
To enter your 2016 IRA contribution (money you put into your IRA), open your return, search for ira contributions inside your TurboTax program, and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results. We'll take you to the Traditional IRA and Roth IRA screen where you can start the IRA interview.
Now, if you need to enter a 2016 IRA distribution (money you took out of your IRA), or a conversion, rollover, or recharacterization, this will be reported on a Form 1099-R, which you should get from your IRA custodian by mid-February. Once you have your 1099-R, enter it in TurboTax.
- Sign into the Turbotax mobile app
- Tap on the orange Take me to my return button.
- Tap the red TurboTax checkmark on the upper left side of the screen.
- Tap on Federal Taxes and then Wages and Income.
- Tap IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan withdrawls.
- Follow the on screen instructions to enter Your 1099-R.